Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The wedding and vacation

Last weekend (Oct 1) was Matha and Hovie's wedding. It was fantastic. Everything was beautiful and they are now currently beginning this stage in their life in Argentina. Pretty cool huh? After the wedding we traveled to Roanoke Virginia to spend some time with Steven's cousin. It was so fun. They have a 19 month old who is the smartest child I have ever been around. I know that girls typically talk more and earlier then boys, but whoa. When all the adults were talking it seemed like she would listen for words that she has never heard and then verbally practice them a few time, commit them to memory and include them in her every day vocabulary. It was great to get to know their whole family better. After that we went to DC for a couple days. The first day was pretty stressful for my penny pinching self. Why are the hotel prices DOUBLE of any other place in the country. Well any place that I have ever been. I had two choices... spend 2 something each night for a clean safe normal hotel or risk our lives by staying at a hotel that was resembled the hotel that MLK jr. was killed at. (Sorry Memph) I was truly in Shadesville and I did not like it. So I decided, very reluctantly, on the more expensive of the two. DC is an awesome place. We saw as much as we could in the short time that we there. We ate some great food and walked our faces off. Oh, I just remembered... I am going to be an aunt!! Yea!!! My twin sister Courtney is pregnant, due in May and I am pa-umped! So their you have the last week of my life. It was a great trip but I am glad to be back to the ole routine.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good ole Kelly and her routine... I'm so glad the wedding was fun; what was your favorite thing about it? Hope to see/hear from you soon . . .

khovater said...

My favorite thing was how beautiful it was. It was in a open air chapel in the middle of the woods. Lots of rock and wood. It was so pretty!

khovater said...

ASHLEY!! We do need to talk. I think that you need to have a blog. Okay tried to go to Rudy's and it doesn't exsist, it's just a name. I will call you soon!

melanie said...

Hey Schepp...its mel. No, I dont blog, but somehow I linked to yours and will not keep up with you through it! I can see things are great with you. ROLL TIDE ROLL. love, Melanie Cagle Jones

melanie said...

I meant to say will NOW keep up with you through it...heh, heh, sorry!

mel