Monday, October 23, 2006

Hovater Update

Yup that's right, Kelly has nothing super exciting to blog about but feels the pressure to write something so we have another Hovater update!! Okay, did I tell you guys that we found a couch. Well we did and it has yet to arrive! I am so annoyed! We ordered it in September and it hasn't come in yet. Should I asked for a percentage off? Apparently the couch making plant closed so they had to send our order to another place, but of course the order was not sent until about 6 weeks into it. I haven't been to upset because we still have our old couch but I am starting to get a little impatient. Alabama lost to UT. We are sad, sad, sad. They played so well up until the last 6 minutes or so. Oh why can't they seem to get it together? Regardless, I sported my new Bama jersey with pride. Steven tells me I am a bully. I have been depressed ever since mostly because I think that he's right. Man, this marriage thing is so wonderfully honest though sometimes it makes me feel crappy. I think that because Steven is so fantastic at letting me be me, I have not done a good job of controlling the less fun parts of myself. That makes it sound like that blame is his, totallly not what I mean. I need to cherish his willingness to embrace the total Kelly package while doing my best to change that package into something beautiful. That has really been on my mind for the last few days. I do a terrible job at protecting Steven from the wrath of Kelly. Umm lets see what else, oh, I think that Fletcher's (my 98 4 runner with 176,000 miles) days are numbered. Side note: Jesse Maddox Faris was the one who found him for me. Anymore ideas Jess? I think that it is time but I am not sure what I want. For sure nothing new, I rather not put ourselves in any more debt then necessary, but something fun. I am some what leaning towards a pathfinder but I am open to any opinions OR if you know anybody selling their car/SUV with low millage and it's cute that would be helpful too. Okay that's all I got hope you guys are having a good Monday!

7 comments:

Jesse Faris said...

Oh my goodness, I totally forgot I found that car for you. Wow. (I am astounded, because I usually remember when I do something for someone and I hold it over their head forever. Just kidding...kinda. ha!)

My suggestion is: a 1980 Volvo. Yup, that's your ticket.

My next car will be (several years down the road when my Explorer dies before Nick's Camry, which he promises will happen because he hates American cars):
Nick says: used Lexus or Infiniti SUV
or Jesse agrees and adds: VW Tourereg (or however you spell it)

I agree about your aforementioned aspect of marriage. I really do feel like Nick gets too much of the unleashing of the true Jesse at times as well. It is something that is really beautiful and completely frustrating about marriage to me recently.

That stinks about your couch. I would complain. A month is a long time!

Tesney said...

We're sad about Bama too. Boo. Fire Shula.

Brooke said...

Kel, it was good to see you last weekend. you always make me laugh and smile, even for awhile after we talk. being Kelly is not such a bad thing. :)

lauren said...

I didn't know you're a Bama fan! I'm a huge Bama fan. It was great running into you! I'm glad to know you blog now!

Jesse Faris said...

Now WAIT a minute. You were in Memphis?!! What gives?

khovater said...

Jesse,I saw Brooke in Searcy at Homecoming! We are coming through for Christmas so I am trying to figure out what would be a good time to see a bunch of people. Really difficult seeing as there are lots of folks that I love dearly. I will call you.

Jesse Faris said...

Whew. I was afraid I got the shaft. You know me--I MUST be on the favorite list! ;) Just kidding...mostly.

Nick and I have made the bold move to stay in Memphis for Christmas, so we'll be around! Give us a call for sure if you come through...IF you have time!