Monday, February 28, 2005

Just me, ranting about stupidity

So I have this friend, who is the one person I probably talk to more then Steven. I promise, it's kind of ridiculous. So today, she told me that after church she had lunch with some girls all of whom she did not know except for one girl. Well, in the middle of normal lunch conversation, one of the randoms say that she can't be friends with ugly people because she has no sympathy for them. Then another, just as ignorant girl pipes in, saying that when she thinks about this other girl is right because she only has cute friends. What the HECK!!!!!!! When my friend told me about this conversation, I was totally and completely offended. I cannot believe that there are real human beings that would say such thing and also claim to be Christian. I am assuming that they claim to be Christians because this lunch was right after church. Actually, regardless of them being Christians the fact that anybody they would utter such words is horrendous. First of all, who decides who is pretty and who is not. I mean does she have a check list that requires high cheek bones, almond shaped eyes, and not a pound over a 110. "Nope sorry, you have one tiny laugh line and you eye lashes aren't quite a half an inch, we can't be friends". Who really thinks like this? In a world where people are starving for love an acceptance, is she so wonderful that she can reject love because one doesn't have flawless skin? After that comment, I highly doubt it. How shallow is that? It makes me furious to even think about it. Oh, how I wish I was sitting around that table. I am so irritated that such a girl would exist.

2 comments:

khovater said...

It's so ture. But I think that I would have won!

khovater said...

My friend said something to the effect of there being nothing okay about that statement. Isn't that rediculous