Monday, March 19, 2007

gross.



The is my sweet boy's arm...don't be jealous ;) 2 weekends ago Steven was visited by a friendly little brown recluse. A brown recluse that wasn't feeling very reclusive at the time he decided to inject his poison into Steven's arm. Why oh why, LBR would you want to hurt somebody like Steven? All he was trying to do was serve God by taking our kids on a retreat. He was only doing his job and minding his own business. Yes, he probably slept in your personal space, but really, turn his arm white because of severe infection? Is that REALLY necessary? I think not.

BTW...his arm is fine now. No big gapping holes, bruising or white flesh. We are thankful, still a little traumatized, but so very thankful.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

oooh. gross! Glad he's ok!

The house looks SO great!!!!! I am so happy for you! You will love the hardwoods.

Julie said...

I got bit by a brown recluse or some spider right when we moved to Memphis and my arm looked just like that and I kept thinking I had bonked it on something or that I had burst some blood vessel or something ( I didn't have that large of an entry point for the first couple days) and by the time I finally went to the doctor my arm and going down my side looked just like that! EWWWW. I hope he feels better!

melanie said...

Schepp, I am so sorry that happened! Do you remember that Aunt Judys house was infested with those suckers?? They set sticky traps in closets and they would get full...GROSS. But then the house burned and that took care of that bug problem. :) They are not scary looking but do some major damage. I think DonDon has had a run in or two with them too. I was never bitten...but checked my shoes, clothes and bed obsessively!

melanie

Tesney said...

This is why I do not do camps anymore. Glad he's o.k.! BTW, my blogsite moved
claytonsmommy.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

YIPES.

Jesse Faris said...

Glad things are better.

New post, please. I keep checking your blog on my lunch break and this picture is not very appetizing. :)