Tuesday, February 27, 2007

a clean slate

This past weekend, we (more specifically my Dad, and 2 other YM Dad's) installed hard wood floors in our down stairs. It looks so good! I am so excited about having a floor that is not all stained up by somebody else's kid. It's so clean looking. We also got a new oven because our old one wasn't quite working the way that it should. My Mom so lovingly called it a "fire hazard". I feel like such a princess having all four burners working, a timer, a clock and a actual light where I can see what I am cooking. Glorious!! So far Mom has been the only one breaking that joker in. So anyway, that has consumed the past few days for us. I will post before and after pics as soon Steven gets a chance. Sorry I am just not good at that.
In other news, we have been so busy(I know that comes as a huge shock!). The weekend before last, we went to Winterfest and had a great time with the kids. They did so well with so much freedom. We even got a compliment about the way they were behaving. It was a pretty big deal. This weekend is a leadership retreat for several churches in our area. I haven't decided if I am going or not. I am really tired and just want to stay at home. Maybe I will just come up late. My parents are leaving today. It has been so nice to have them with us, but I am looking forward to routine. OK, that's all I got!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Wood floors sound great! You'll love Swiffers!

Tesney said...

Ooooo...I can't wait to see the floors. We love ours so far! I just cleaned mine a few minutes ago and was disgusted to think that all that dirt & dust would've been in our carpets before. Gross.

melanie said...

Schepp, thanks for your note on my blog. It was a different type entry for me...but I had to share what I learned. :) And yes, my daughter may be more Hoochie than I planned....hahahhaha.

mel