Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Yuck!

We have had a tough weekend. On Friday morning my best friend/college roommate/sister-in-law called me to let us know that her father passed away. He was in a terrible car accident a couple weeks prior and his badly broken body just couldn't fight anymore. What do you say? I didn't know what to say. We just cried and briefly spoke about the details. On Saturday afternoon we got news that a teacher/coach at CAC had a massive stroke and wasn't going to make it. Not only was I trying to process my sweet friend Matha's loss, I now was attempting to offer encouraging words to a house full of bawling teenage girls (we were at a girls retreat). What do you say? Sunday morning on our way to Matha's Dad's funeral we got the call that Coach Brady died. I still feel pretty much numb and exhausted from these 2 incidents. I feel that they all will be fine but will always ache for those they lost. Please be prayerful for Matha, her family and our YM kids. This sucks, sucks, sucks.

5 comments:

Chad Billy-Steve Pknicholson said...

Jess and I really enjoyed getting together for dinner the other night. You and Stephen are in our prayers.

Jesse Faris said...

Amen to the charming man that just posted. We love you!

Also, guess who I ran into in the soup aisle at Target yesterday? Sara Campbell! Go figure... I told her the small world story of how I figured out that she was dating Martha's brother and then got her phone number!

melanie said...

OH Schepp. I am so sorry. It does suck. All you need to do is hug and love them. I will be praying.

mel

melanie said...

You are so funny! Please make that your new routine. "rip her face off" always reminds me of Samps. :) You made me LOL.

mel

mundiejc said...

Things are well. The engagement isn't really recent. It happened back in May. WE're getting married this june, and I am so ready to be done planning all this stuff. Its too stressful. And I"m not even making the decisions!

Hope things are well with you!