Thursday, November 16, 2006

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

4 inches!!!! That is how much it rained on Monday night which also perpetuated a big fat leak in our sky light. Steven is silly boy who woke up at 2am because he wanted to go and watch the storm while I stayed in our bed to scared to move. I hate storms! I really feel like this Californian has transitioned almost flawlessly (Ha!) into a southerner EXCEPT when it comes to storms. They are so scary and on Monday night I was ready to put our house up for sale to move far away from the south. Anyway, Steven gets up, goes outside to watch the storm and comes back to inform me that it looks like a huge bird pooped all over our entry way floor. We have that hideous popcorn stuff on our ceilings (I apologize if you love the popcorn) and when it gets wet, it drips in a pattern very much like bird poop. GROSS! I go down stairs to check it out and he was right and I am sad. Not only do we have bird poop on the floor but an stain on our ceiling to match. I am really hoping it is just the seam in the sky light but I suppose it could be the roof as well. Oh Man!!! I hate to spend money on things like that! So after a day of feeling sorry for myself I get a call from my good friend Lezley. She called to let me know that their ENTIRE basement flooded on Monday night as well. I felt so crappy for moping around all day about my small leak when their whole basement was flooded. Sorry Lezley. So that was the last couple of days for us. Hopefully I will hear from the roofer today and I will keep you updated. Have a good Thursday!

2 comments:

melanie said...

schepp...you are SO funny. I laughed my head off about the penguins. I agree with Tesney...its a "slippery slope" as the C of C loves to say. :) And sorry about your house. That is THE ONLY bonus about living in rental property. The other 364 days of the year I envy you. :)

miss you. Have fun in cali!

mel

khovater said...

YEA!!! Mel's a blogger.