Friday, September 08, 2006

Tough Week

Yup, it's been rough. My Dad's best friend was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor which the doctors predicted would only give him 6 months to 1 year to live. He is not only my Dad's best friend but our second Dad. Bruce is his name and he awesome! He is one of those Dad's who is great about giving you hugs that make you feel safe, always ready to help and is a great story teller. I love him and his family and I am really sad. It also is rough becuase I can not be at home to support and love on him and his family. I talked to his wife yesterday and it was a hard conversation. She said several things but the most heartbreaking phrase was, "We are just going to have a great Christmas this year". What do you say when you get news like that? Please pray for Bruce and his family and my family. These last few weeks have been full of prayers with so many needs and I hate to add another burden to your guys' thoughts, but there it is.
On a brighter note currently I am in Birmingham with Matha and so enjoying myself. I have already spent the morning doing lots o' shopping and in a few hours with head to Tupelo to celebrate her upcoming marriage with all of her close friends. I super pumped about a relaxing weekend and sharing this time with her. Okay that is all I got.

1 comment:

Tesney said...

I'm so sorry about your family friend. My first cousin was diagnosed with a brain tumor last year (glioblastoma). We will be praying...and it's NOT a burden. Hope you enjoyed your weekend!