Monday, August 14, 2006

He's gone... Again.

I have a wonderful servant minded husband who lives his life to help those he loves and I am selfish. Steven is gone again but for two very good reasons. ( I guess mission trips are good reasons too) 1) A very special friend of our was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and Steven went to Huntsville to love on and support her family during her surgery, a total hysterectomy. This wonderful woman was Steven's drama teacher at Mars Hill. Their last name should be Hovater or our last name be Mitchell to show how much Steven loves this family and considers them part of ours. Please be prayerful her healing and recovery. 2) Steven's bestfriend "thewalrus" is finally moving back to the south and we are so excited and thankful for this opportunity for him. So Steven and Coop went to help him move and spend some much needed boy time together. That means I am baching it again. Thewalrus- please know that I am absolutely more then willing to be lonely for a few days anytime if it means having you closer to us. Be sweet to my punkin. This morning, after a rough night of sleep, I am really feeling the absence of Steven, but that is the deal and I will be fine. He will be better for this time with friends and I will try and be intentional about using this time grow in my relationships with friends and the Lord.

2 comments:

Tesney said...

I am also blessed with a servant husband...he's driven to GA to be with friends who were considering separation, helped move everyone we've ever known, etc. It is hard somtimes to be left alone when he's gone, it was especially hard when he was a y.m. and had already been gone all summer and someone needed his help. But, I'm thankful for him and learn a lot from him putting others' needs before his. Hope these alone days pass quickly for you!

thewalrus said...

Kelly,

Thanks for the kind words. The move went well but I lost significant amounts of sleep. I'm just now catching up. Classes start tomorrow so I'm a bit nervous. It was great having Steven here a while and I appreciate you sharing him. I didn't get to cuddle with him any though :(. Oh, and sorry for responding late. I don't have internet at home yet so I have to catch it while I'm on campus. Hope things are well.