Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Blogging Compliments

Okay so I start my work day at 7 in the morn (since I now have Friday's off) and part of my morning routine is to read all my favorite blogs of dear sweet friends. If I am super bored then I will read the blog links that are listed on my favorite sites. Sometimes I know those folks and sometimes I don't. Today I did just that. I jumped on one of my favs and thought to myself "Oh I know this girl, I want to see what's going on with her". Okay so this girl is Julie Kiser. We were friends in LR and our husbands are buddies but we for sure don't keep up with each other, but I have always loved her. So I am reading her blog and laughing because I think she is funny and looking at pictures of her new sweet boy. After I am done I look over at her links and to my delight and surprise she has "Kelly H" on her list. That's me! I was so pumped because that means that she loves me enough to be interested in my blog which is a big deal because it really isn't fun which leads me to believe that she really does love me! (please no comments about this declaration, I am not fishing for compliments) So I started to think about this link list and it really is a list of people that we love or things that are important to us and that we are interested in. Of course I realize that this list is not exhaustive being that a lot of people that we love are not devote bloggers. Am I the only one who feels this way? Doesn't it feel so good to be on someone's "blogging validation list"? Let me also take a moment to acknowledge Leslie Jerkins, Jesse Faris, Brooke Ray, Marf Guinn, Julie Kiser, Ashley Mills and Banks Lyons. (Do you feel more validated by my love by me bolding your name?) I am a faithful reader but a poor student of computer skills. I really have no idea how to put not only a list of links, but also pictures, books and a hit clock. Sorry, I am embarrassed. Also my weekend with Grace was good but exhausting. We did things non stopped and I am still tired. It was important time for us to spend together and I thankful that we had the opportunity.

10 comments:

Jesse Faris said...

Yea! I feel SO validated! Yours is a blog that I love to laugh out loud to. (And of course I love you very much.)

Glad you got to have an Amy Grace weekend--It probably meant the world to her. Those kinds of things stick with you for life!

khovater said...

Jesse I also want to affirm your devotion to comments.

Julie said...

My existence finally has a validation!!! Do you find yourself reading blog links of people you don't even know and then you keep checking back on them because now you have to know how they are doing!! I mean, I don't have the kind of time for that...but I have heard that SOME people do......

Jesse Faris said...

Hey...A LR out of town trip could be quite a fun outing for a day. Maybe we should plan a double-date-day!

thewalrus said...

I am flattered indeed. I stop by as much as I can but you're about as good at updating as I am...which isn't very :). Maybe our mutual validation will motivate us. Hope things are well.

Brooke said...

Schepp, I love you for shouting out to my blog. Any blog affirmation I can get is appreciated. Thanks for being you.

Unknown said...

me too.

Tesney said...

Kelly,
I do remember you. Thanks for stopping by! Love reading your blog.

Tesney said...

Oh! I think I know your husband in a round-about way. Isn't he from Florence? Or at least has a lot of friends from there?

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

omgah thanks so much! youre too sweet. thanks for validating me on your blog AND mine. you rock. love ya.