Wednesday, May 10, 2006

4:50am

What is going on? This is exactly what was going on in my head when I was awoken abruptly on Saturday morning by one of our newest sevies. Her response to my obvious question, "I couldn't sleep". So that means that nobody can? She then decided that she was bored so she got everybody up. Awesome.
We took our upcoming 7th graders on their annual Six flag's trip. I really do look forward to this trip every year. It is so fun to play hard and get to know the kids that we are going to build relationships for the next 6 years. Hear me now... This will never happen again!!!!!!! I was so mad for the first 2 hours that I was up. I literally could not process why anybody would want to get up that early when we didn't have to be ready until 9am.
For the rest of the day every girl in our room reported to me that they were tired. I had ZERO sympathy for them. When this particular early bird told me that she wasn't going to wake up that early on Sunday morning I responded with a resounding "That's right you won't!" It really did test my love for kids and my self control.
The next night they were in bed by 11pm and up at 6:30am (we had to be out by 7:30am) I felt so proud and victorious!!! My name is Kelly and I am sleep Nazi.

2 comments:

thewalrus said...

No sleep for you!! (with appropriate accent)

Brooke said...

This exact thing happened to me this weekend on our St Louis trip. Why does 12 years old = automatic wake-with-the-sun? I made a rule the second night that no one was allowed to come out of their room until at least 8 am. I love how the youngest ones also actually listen to you and think they have to obey you.

Junior high trips are really just like nothing anyone can understand unless you've been there. I understand, Kelly.