Friday, January 27, 2006

January 29, 1979

January 29, 1979 is an important day to me because it's my birthday. That makes Sunday the day that I am going to celebrate my 27th birthday. 27! When I was 16 I thought that 20 and up was so old. Now that I am 20 and up I don't feel that way at all. I really thought that I would feel differently by now but alas I still feel like Kelly. Every year that goes by I kind of get sad. Last year a very good friend of mine made me say my whole birthday day, "I am 26 and I'm pretty!". So here goes..."I'm 27 and I'm pretty!" Maybe I will feel better about that on Sunday. I need to learn the value of growing old gracefully while remembering that I am still young and there is still so much ahead of us.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy happy birthday!

thewalrus said...

Happy belated birthday! Unfortunately, I turn 30 this year...:(

Unknown said...

Interesting book (Million Little Pieces). Have to wade through his style at first, but the content gives real insight. I don't care if he made up some stuff, either.

Jesse Faris said...

Happy way-belated birthday sweet friend...

About the shower: Did you get the invite? It would be so fun to have you there!

Looking forward to seeing you soon! Yippee!

2coopers said...

schovie, thanks for the condolences....i have a pic of your hubby on my blog if you'd like to see. later, cooper

Unknown said...

It didn't matter to me really if any of the stuff was embellished. It's still a great story. I can see how it would bother some readers, but I thought it was great/disturbing in a challenging way.