Friday, December 09, 2005

I have a problem

My fears of a previous post have been confirmed. I watched TV from 4:30 to 10:30 last night. SIX HOURS!!!!!! We still have not gotten cable but one afternoon I wanted to watch an Alabama game so I bought and antenna and it has been down hill since. I knew this would happen. It also happens to be that the latest book that I got was kind of on the boring side so I have not be motivated to read which makes my problem worse. TV is just so handy when you are folding clothes or wrapping presents. I have a problem and I need to help. I don't want to be a family that watches TV. I am going to have to start to get really creative and find something else to occupy my time.

On a side note... Steven shrunk my new sweater. I have only worn it twice and now I can't anymore unless I am interested in looking like a hoochie mama which is never something that I am interested in. In his defense he did look for the sweater, having remembered it in the washer, before he put in the dryer. He just didn't look hard enough. So after work The Limited here we come. Steven is buying me a new sweater! This may not be such a bad deal.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It sure is nice of the old boy to do laundry, eh?

khovater said...

Yes, so nice but he still shrunck my sweater.

Jesse Faris said...

Schepp,
You need a Tivo. It is time. They are only $50 right now with the $150 mail-in rebate. Service is like $12/month. (Way cheaper than cable.) Here's what happens: You get your Tivo. You set it up to record your very favorite shows. Then, you don't watch TV. Unless you're folding laundry or wrapping presents, and then you watch your Tivo. 30 minute or 1 hour segments (which is really only like 22 and 44 minutes once you blip through the comercials). You don't get sucked in for hours because you're telling your TV what you want to watch instead of the other way around. You just tell yourself: I get 30 minutes of chore/Tivo time a day. Voila.