Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Who stole my pillow?

Okay, so if you know me at all, you know how particular I am about sleeping. In bed by 10:00, clean sheets, no cuddling and absolutely no snoring!! Well after last night I have another rule to add to that list. Oh, I am so irritated as I write this. So, normally I am kind of a restless sleeper. That's fine with me, I cope. But when I get an awesome nights rest, it is a wonderful day! Last night I started out that way. Really! I hadn't moved all night and didn't wake up once. It was great! So while I am lying there in blissful slumber, I am jolted awake by someone snatching my pillow from right under my head! Can you believe it? The only "someone" this could be is my husband, Steven. I look over at him and see him peacefully sleeping away on a stolen pillow, MY PILLOW! So, of course I yank it right back telling him, "that's my pillow!" He, then has the nerve to look at me in an accusatory sort of way and ask me "well, where's my pill?" Are you kidding me? One thing that you should know about Steven is that he goes to bed with like 15 pillows all around him and throws a huge fit about who's side is who's. Oh your right, Steven. This is just another idea on my list to make "Stevens life more difficult". I laid awake all night silently gathering up all the pillows that you recklessly discarded and hide them from you, just so you wouldn't have a single place to lay to weary head.
To top it all off, when he not only robbed me of my pillow but also a great day, it startled me so bad that my heart was going 90 to nothing making it almost impossible to return to my slumber for at least 45 minutes! Don't get me wrong this boy is the love of my life, soul mate and best friend but when it comes to sleeping we part ways.
So in spite and retaliation, I wake his sleepy butt up after I got back from running, trying to make as much noise possible and attempted to use up every last drop of hot water.
Take that you pillow thief!

4 comments:

stevepvc said...

There are other lies present on Kelly's post besides the ones Martha so wonderfully exposed. For instance, Kelly proclaims her rules, "In bed by 10:00, clean sheets, no cuddling and absolutely no snoring!!" However, she forgets to mention that in fact, last night she insisted, insisted, on cuddling. She wouldn't relent until she had been cuddled. Ogre? I don't know. But unpredictable, for sure!

stevepvc said...

http://ihatemyflatmate.blogspot.com/

At least we're doing better than this set of roommates.

khovater said...

Nobody is getting a drum and if Steven is being completely honest, I only like to be cuddled for 2 minutes and then get away from me so I can sleep! Maybe I was being a little dramtic. My statement was unintentionally absolute. I apoligize.

Unknown said...

I have a drum Stevie can borrow. Don't worry, Schepa-hovie, it's a small drum.
~Cooter