Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I just don't like them!!!

Why isn't this answer never enough? I just don't like animals. It's true and I would die a happy girl if I never have to share my space with an animal of any kind and yes that includes fish. I have had this conversation more times then I have hairs on my head, which really isn't a ton if you know me but you get my point. ;) It goes something like this...
Animal lover: Kelly, you need a pet.
Animal hater: No I don't, I'm perfectly happy in my life without a pet.
AL: But they are so cuddly!
AH: They shed like crazy and I am not about to clean dog hair on my chocolate brown couch everyday.
AL: You can get a dog that doesn't shed?
AH: Those are all ugly. We don't live the kind of lifestyle that is ideal to own a pet.
AL: What does that mean?
AH: I am not paying somebody to watch my animal when we are gone for the weekend and I am for sure not going to come home during my day JUST to let them relieve themselves.
AL: I really think that you are missing out on a very special companionship.
AH: I am just fine with my current companionship.
AL: Kelly, when you have kids, they are going to poop and pee all over the place.
AH: This is true, but they are humans being which is completely different then animals. I just don't value animals like I do humans.

Note to the all the animal lovers: I love you I just don't love your pets. I will be kind to you pets and say very sweetly "hello" to them but I will not pet them and for sure do not want them jumping on me or licking me. Gross.

17 comments:

Jesse Faris said...

I should hate you for saying that. But I really only find it honestly endearing.

khovater said...

I am glad that you don't hate me :)

melanie said...

I TOTALLY AGREE! I am not an animal lover. But aren't we glad someone cares for them? Cause if it were up to us, it just wouldn't get done. :) Then there would be wild animals roaming the streets and pooping and peeing every where!

great post! Hilarious!

Mitzi said...

I can totally agree with you on this. I am not an animal lover whatsoever.

Unknown said...

This is a hilarious juxtaposition to my most recent post. Ha.

Saline County, Arkansas Photos said...

I use to hate dogs, until my son picked one out of the box in the parking lot. Now I can't imagine my life without her. I swear she is going to talk any day now!

Little Rock Real Estate said...

I used to be an animal lover, but now that we have a kid I want all the animals GONE! So, I understand what you mean. Love you. And by the way, it's fine with me if you need to move every year or so. Just kidding.

shelly dahl

aWare said...

I just ran into your blog and I have to say AMEN! I am just not an animal lover either! I had a dog, now I don't, and will be content forever. That is so funny to me you wrote this....I am laughing outloud! I guess because I totally relate. I tell people that I choose to give all my love to people! Good one:)

R-Liz said...

Little Rock Real Estate captured it for most of us-- we who generally like animals treat them like our own children, until we actually have children. Then we can't wait for our animals to die (especially the yippy dog who has a knack for barking when the baby JUST went to sleep). You just happen to be more enlightened than most of us.

amber said...

Amen sista! I agree with every word. I did not know we had this in common. :) Glad to know there are others out there who feel the same way. My husband thinks I'm from another planet since I don't like animals. Hope you're doing well!

Tesney said...

I used to love cats...outside ones. Hated dogs. Then my husband "tricked" me into getting Oakley and I loved her. Started hating cats because they're not cuddly like dogs. Now I hate dogs again because I have a kid and I just want our dog to go away so we don't have dog hair on everything. Plus she's expensive. So, I've made the rounds from a cat lover to a dog lover to an all-around animal disliker. So there.

Sarah said...

Hey Kelly, it was so good to see you too! I'm the same way ;)

Miss G said...

I don't even know you but just clicked onto your blog from Brooke's since we have the same name. I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY!!! It was like you were speaking the thoughts in my head! I have had that same conversation so many times! Hope you can remain happily petless all your days! Kelly

Jamie Chitty said...

Hey, can you give me your email? I am making my blog private and need everyones email so I can invite you to it. jlchitty@gmail.com.
Thanks

Martha said...

Hi. It's MArtha, Lezley's sister. I found you thru Mindy. I just have to say that I agree. Lez loves animals and always has but I just don't. Keith and I have tried twice to have dog and sadly, we gave both away to families that needed a dog...so Keith and I have an agreement that never again will we try to have a pet. I know you should never say never but really, we are on the same page to not try the animal thing again.Don;t feel bad. So many people feel the same way as you.

Hope you are good! I am glad that I found you! M

Paul & Julie said...

A--stinkin'---MEN! I'm with you 100%. Our friends just got a cat & he makes me sneeze like crazy, scratches me & has bitten my big toe...now I'm almost to the point where I make them choose...me or the cat! Do youthink they'll choose me? I hope so.

ashley said...

i love dogs but don't have one, and don't hate you that you hate them! and happy (2weeks late) birthday! love you!