Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Swish, swish

That is the sound that I will be making as I sail down the Colorado mountains, freezing my face off and enjoying time with friends. Today, Lezley and I fly out for the great state of Colorado. Several things are exciting about this trip. 1) I get to fly with Lezley. I hate to fly and I believe that she will be she will be a great flying partner because she will actually talk to me. Sounds terrible, but Steven loves to spend flying time as Steven time so he literaly gives me crazy looks when I ask simple questions during that time. I like to fly with distractions, of course, not the plummeting to your death sort of distractions. 2) I get to spend time with college roommates and a very important baby boy named Jackson. 3) We get to ski!!!! I love to ski but don't get to do it often enough (another reason why Arkansas is crappy) so this will be super fun. Since I am terribly out of shape 2 days will be all that my body can handle so the timing is great as well. 4) The place that we are staying has an awesome hot OUTSIDE! I know that this does not really sound super. Just picture hanging out with close friends, in Colorado, outside with snow, but so warm and toasty in the hot tub. Sounds pretty fantastic to me!
BTW, I am so glad that holidays are over! It was so fun but kind of stressful. It was great to be able to spend time with Steven's family, including Hovie and Martha, but I was ready to be back in my own bed. I talked to my sister yesterday and she said that everything was going great with her pregnancy BUT they are now having a BOY and not a girl. So we will have a nephew by the middle of May. I can't wait!

4 comments:

melanie said...

We went skiing for 1 day while we were in CO. It was 8 degrees, and a blizzard...miserable. Lets just say that I was expecting the Spring Break trip we all took in College and it was far from that. But I was thinking of you and needing you as a partner. :)
mel

khovater said...

Mel, there is more to come about our experience so stay tuned!

Unknown said...

How was skiing? Did your face remain intact?

khovater said...

It was a close one, it really almost froze off.