Friday, February 04, 2005

I love nerds!

Apparently there is a rumor going around that I don't like nerds. Let me set the record straight... I am a nerd lover. It's true. Even though I have cool tendencies my core will always love nerds. Why do you ask? Well for several reasons really. 1) Nerds are not afraid to be themselves. They are some of the most genuine people you will ever meet. They have nothing to prove to anybody. Cool kids, on the other hand, have major maintenance issues. The second they loose track of what's "cool" they are no longer cool. There is no security or stableness in cool. Nerdiness = stability. 2) Nerds are visionaries. They continually look to how they can make things faster, smaller and just plan ole' better. 3) Nerds are typically smarter then the average fellow. Though social skills are top notch with the cool kids, you'll never beat a nerd at jeopardy unless you are a nerd yourself. 4) Nerds are fun. This is my last reason, though there are so many more, I need to go see my nerd at home. Here's what I think about nerds and fun. They for sure have their own type of fun and unless you embrace your own personal nerdiness you will never, ever understand. Their fun is clean and strategic. They also do a great job of forming communities around their type of fun. Which is pretty awesome seeing as how most of the world is community starved or oblivious to that need in them. So all this to say, I am and will always be a nerd lover.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We love you too Schepp-a-Hovie.

~Cooter